Information AO Collects
Personal Information includes customer name, business address, telephone number, email address, and other relevant contact details.
AO collects Personal Information when you:
- order and/or purchase any of our products or services directly from AO or an AO subsidiary;
- register for any AO event or program, including Continuing Education events, seminars, contests, surveys, or other promotional activity that we may offer from time to time;
- subscribe to the American Orthodontics customer newsletter, or other communications from us;
- contact or communicate with us;
- request information from us;
- access or use AO pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Social Media Pages”);
- provide or submit comments, suggestions, experiences, or other content to us; and/or otherwise interact with us and our Online Services.
Information Collected Automatically
Cookies: Cookies are small text files stored by your browser that are capable of providing additional information about your online visit.
AO collects Cookies in order to improve the ordering experience when a customer uses the AODirect portal.
How AO Uses Your Information
AO uses your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- order processing, delivery, invoicing, and payment processing;
- creating and managing your customer account;
- communicating with you regarding AO and its products, services, and Events;
- responding to your inquiries, comments, or postings;
- administering our Events;
- internal operations such as enhancing our products and services, marketing efforts, and to conduct product research and analysis;
- investigating or settling inquires or disputes.
The lawful basis for AO using your data is in our legitimate commercial interests and AO will never use your data for anything that does not have a legitimate commercial purpose.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information
Access to your information – You have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we hold.
Correcting your information – AO strives to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. At any time, you may ask us to correct your personal information.
Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained.
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations.
However, we may need to retain some of your personal data where it relates to your previous financial transactions with us.
Restricting how we may use your information – You may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information. If this case, we may only use the relevant personal information with your consent, for legal claims or where there are other public interest grounds.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
How AO Shares Your Information
Your personal data may be shared between our subsidiaries and with our US head office where our products are manufactured and shipped. We only share your personal data with trusted third parties expressly to support your order, such as distribution and delivery companies, executing a contract with you or fulfilling a legal obligation.
How long AO retains your personal information
AO maintains permanent electronic records of all sales transactions. Personally identifiable information contained in any form of written or electronic communication with AO is also subject to permanent storage.
AO seeks to quickly resolve any complaints regarding how we handle personal information. However, if you are located in the EEA you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.